Matheus Bazzo Malgarise

21 years old
São Leopoldo, RS - Brazil.
www.matbazmal.com




So what is your series all about, is there more to this series than just the subjects now showing their face?

I think you can connect with a bunch of people being no one. If you can't see the face of somebody, you can barely know that these people exist. Maybe this series of  a lot of people not showing their faces represent  the feeling of the actual internet-conected world where you can't see the face each other, but you know that maybe the person exist. Like me and you. We never saw the face of each other. For me and you we are no one.


How do you feel about making an idea for a series after you shot the photos not intended for this particular series?

I think it's interesting. When you have to collect your photos (some old stuff too), you can see your own aesthetic line being constructed. It's interesting to see how you grow and start to develop a specific style and taste for art and photography.


When people usually shoot portraits they usually intend to rely on the subjects face to portray emotions, how does your portrait series portray emotions?

As you can't see the face of the subject, what leads the emotion of the portrait is the enviroment and the textures and lights of the photo. But maybe the feeling of mistery is a emotion always present on this photos. You know, without the expressions, you never know what the subject is thinking...

 You seem to have a real modern feel to your photos, even your nature photos seem modern, what do you think about this?A modern feel? 

Well, sometimes I feel that I'm always running against the modern. Maybe in the fact of using analogic photography. But you can be right. Maybe the desire of running against modernity make the nature photos modern. Nothing more contemporany that the desire of being from the past.



What is beautiful to you?

Well, philosophers and artist are questioning themselves this question for hundreds of years, so my answer will not be so relevant. But, as a personal opinion, I believe that beatiful is something that naturally brings to you a realsensation of pleasure without the phisical factor or material condition. But I really feel that I don't have enough knowledge to answer this question.


What are your plans for 2012? Hypothetically if the world ends this year what would you really want to do?

Particular I want to release my first zine project made with my friend Marrio Arruda (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arruda_mario) called CAMERA DIYNAMITE (http://cameradiynamite.tumblr.com/) and start a new musical project. But my general plans are to keep photographing, study a lot of art and know a lot of people.