Kevin Eubanks

Age 20
Orlando, FL
kevineubanks.tumblr.com



So what do you think of the conventional flash skate photos that everyones been doing?
I think it's something that has become a very traditional aspect of photographing skateboarding. It's not my personal preference when it comes to photographing skating. I'd rather just bring a point and shoot with me when skating and photograph whatever happens without having to worry about getting too involved with a photo of the trick. But I have so much respect for the photographers who choose to set up strobes. It's not easy setting up all that equipment, and then getting the right light reading all before the skater lands the trick or before you get kicked out of a spot.


What is more closer to your heart, skating or photography?
I would say both are close to me in a non conflicting manner. They seem to co-exist harmoniously considering that photography and skateboarding can be viewed as a lifestyle. 

How is it living in Florida, is it all cracked up to what it is supposed to be?
Florida has it's pros and cons, it's extremely hot and humid in the summer which makes any task or activity outdoors miserable (especially skating), it's also full of tourists and old retirees. But better things are rising from the art and music scenes in and around Central Florida, it has definitely changed in the past few years in a positive way.



Do you just shoot whatever you find odd or do you make it a thing to go out and find stuff to photograph?
Usually I try to just go about my day like usual and document what stands out to me or what triggers an impulse or feeling that makes me want to photograph what I am seeing. There are times where my life is somewhat uneventful and I really want to photograph, so i'll usually just drive around until i'm in areas that are new and unfamiliar. Similar to the mentality of looking for spots to skate. Just searching for something but without any expectations or signs of whats to come.

Any big plans for 2012 photo wise?2012 is looking pretty undetermined with nothing too crazy happening so far. I plan on finishing up my two year degree in photography, but i'm not sure if i'll continue on to a four year degree. I do plan on going on a few trips to photograph and have a couple of projects that I will be working on throughout the year.