Jesse Sullivan

Age 18
Providence, RI
jessesullivan.net





 When a series is simply called "Dad Love's Kiss" and it's this good, I had to interview Jesse to see what it was all about, here's what he had to say.


1. So what made you want to do a series on KISS? 

In my dad's room there were these kiss action figures I always wanted to play with when I was little but they were out of my reach and my dad would never let me play with them. I began this project to get my dad to let me take photos of these action figures. From there the project has progressed into an investigation of personal family relations, new and old media and generational gaps (or lack thereof)



2. How does your Dad feel about the disco song KISS did?

I texted him asking if he liked it and he said "Yes. but don't tell anybody". Personally... I was made for loving you... that song rips



3. Is there any stories that go along with the found snapshots?

A passage written by my alter ego josh about those snapshots:

I was at this party
In my moms stomach
The party looked fun and silly
Sometimes I like being fun and silly
Usually I'm too busy looking at old photos of my parents
being fun and silly to be fun and silly


4. Does your Dad like any of the music you listen to?

We like punk we both punx. On another note, He likes Roses by Outkast and I like the title track on Aquemini 


 5. Did you paint the picture of the beer?

Yes, thats a painting from a series of paintings I call drunk paintings. The idea is I paint the beers while I drink them


6. Is that a tattoo of the KISS army logo with your name in it?

Yes
7. When you say "working collection" do you mean there's more to come?

It will never end! Kiss forever! Kiss Alive!!!!!!!!!!! 


View the series in it's entirety on jesse's website at http://jessesullivan.net/kissme.html