Jared Gaustad



So what are you all about? What are the things in the world that make life worth living?
Pizza, chopped & screwed, burritos, trap music, analog photography, style and good weather. Life in general is pretty cool, I'd have to say thats worth living.


From what it looks like in your photos you seem to have lots of friends, how do they influence your photography?
My friends are rad, without my them none of the work I produce would be possible. I just shoot them being themselves and the outcome is what it is. With that said, shout out to all the homies and homegirls that put up with me being their paparattzi and exploit their lives via internet, you guys are cool.


How is life in San Francisco, is it truly the most cultured city on the west coast?
I live in Fremont currently which is not very far from SF. Life in the bay area definitely has it's perks. It's hard to speak for the whole west coast but I have no doubt that it's truly one of the more cultured cities.

So you seem to photograph bikers along with skateboarders, is it a same breed of people? At least where I'm from, there seems to be some beef between the two.
Whether you skate, bike, blade, scoot, however you roll you've most likely got the same intention as the rest and thats to shred with your homies and have a good time. So yes, definitely same breed of people. Luckily there is a level of respect amongst my friends when it comes to this subject. Let the haters hate. 
 


What is the funnest thing to do in San Francisco? The most boring thing about San Francisco?
The best thing about SF is whatever your into, you can pretty much do/go find. For my friends and myself it's all about mashing hills, crushing through traffic, cruising around, scoping out new spots to skate/bike. And of course feasting at the best burrito and pizza spots the city has to offer. Oh and I heard the weed stores are cool too. Getting bored is never a issue in SF, if your really feeling boredom set in go to 6th St. or the Tenderloin and watch the knocks bug out on drugs, thats always fun.
What are your plans in the next year for photography? For life?
I plan to just keep on documenting my life, that's what photography has always been about to me. Also to produce and experiment more with zines. I've been collaborating on a zine with Toronto, Canada based photographer Stephanie Mill for awhile that will be dropping soon. Aside from photography I'm currently studying fashion marketing and building a portfolio and resume that reflects my passion for quality, timeless apparel and the lifestyle I'm into. As for life, man I'm just going to keep on rolling till the wheels fall off.